The hCG diet, albeit effective for weight loss, is a diet that requires a lot of planning and thinking ahead. If you do not plan before you start the hCG diet, you’ll be setting yourself up for failure.
Now, there are some things you must do in order for you to have a successful hCG diet journey. Here are all the things that you need to do in order to be successful with the hCG diet:
- Get an Accurate Weighing Scale. The first thing that you need to get is an accurate weighing scale. Why is this an important step, you ask? Getting an accurate weighing scale is important because you need to weigh yourself from time to time. You need to weigh yourself before starting with the actual diet and then you will weigh yourself daily or weekly. Most people who have been successful with the hCG diet weigh themselves once every week, but the frequency of weighing yourself is really up to you.
- Get an Accurate Food Scale. Not only are you encouraged to get an accurate weighing scale, but you also need to get an accurate food scale as well. The food scale is especially useful when you enter the phase 2 of the diet, where you only have to eat 500 calories per day. Weighing the proteins and the foods that you eat is very crucial in this phase that is why getting an accurate food scale is also a must.
- Get a Meal Plan. If you want to start right and end right with the hCG diet, you need to have a meal planned for you during the entire course of your journey. If you have an hCG diet clinic near your area, consult with their dietitians and work out a meal plan that is best suited for you. This is a better option since most people have different preferences with regards to food. If there are no hCG diet clinics near you, you can search over the internet as there are a variety of resources that can help you plan your meals for the course of your hCG diet journey.
- Ketone Sticks/Strips. Ketosis is the body’s ability to burn fat and uses it as energy. Ketone sticks or strips are highly ubiquitous and can be found in most drug stores and supermarkets. The way you use sticks and strips is that you urinate on them and it will indicate whether your body is in a state of ketosis or not. This is pretty handy as you will need to know if the hCG hormone is doing its job or not (do remember that the hCG hormone starts the process of Ketosis in the body).
- Grill and other Cooking Utensils. Most of the foods that are approved in the hCG diet are either broiled, steamed or grilled. Getting a grill and other necessary cooking materials are important so that you can cook properly the way it should be cooked under the hCG diet guidelines.
These five things are very important if you wish to start with the hCG diet. By following these tips, you will be on the right track to a new and healthier you!